It's important that as many questions as possible can be answered on your website.
Blogger allows me to post Pages to my blog. These appear as tabs just under the title and description of my blog. I can add up to 20 pages!
These pages are amazing to add text and photos to your blog that will not fit in the sidebar. These are the tabs I already had:
- Submissions: guidelines for guest posters
- About the Author: my biography
- The Pet Washer: information about my book
- Cast of Characters: bios for the main characters in my Pet Washer book
- About the Artist: the bio on Salina Shelton who draws my cover art
The Pet Washer tab remains and includes a link to my Pet Washer Series website where readers can learn more about the book and the people behind it. It would be silly for me not to include a link to the product which inspired this blog to begin with!
Next I updated the remaining Pages and added new ones:
- I renamed "About the Author" simply "Jennifer".
- Advertise Here: a page for sponsors and paid advertisers to contact me for rates and information.
- About This Blog: a page which explains the goal and mission statement for The Jennifer (Author) Diaries
- Events: a page which lists my speaking engagements and signings.
- News: a page to display when I've made the news
- Interviews: a page where I will link to my author interviews on the web
- Guest Writers: a page where I feature the bios and articles of guest posters.
To Do: Have an acquaintance peruse your blog and watch them do it without speaking or hinting at where to go. When they are done, ask them for comments. What was missing? What did they want to see more of? Could they easily figure out how to contact you and what your blog is about?
We know everything there is to know about ourselves and our websites--are your readers missing the boat? Ask them! And then give them what they want.
(Click here for an article on how to add Pages to your Blogger blog!)
Jennifer Lynn Alvarez
Author of The Pet Washer
a novel for girls aged 9-12